First of all, THANK YOU for finding and reading my blog!!! You have no idea how much it means to me! It’s much more motivating to write a blog when people actually read it.
I’ve blogged on and off for a few years, but this is the first time I feel like people are actually reading. This is also the first time that I have really put some substantial effort into the blog.
I’ve been reading lots of blogging for beginners tips from seasoned bloggers. Here are some of the ones that I have implemented so far:
1. Tell people about your blog! This may seem silly, but I feel bad for plastering my blog in peoples’ faces via Facebook or otherwise. I’ve gotten a lot of positive feedback from people who I have told about it though. Hopefully, I’m not driving anyone bonkers with my excessive excitement, but at least it’s positive energy! Spread the love people.
2. Get Windows Live Writer. This is actually only my second post using Live Writer, but I love it already. Everything about it is so easy and intuitive. And it’s free!
3. Connect with other bloggers on Twitter. I’m still figuring this Twitter deal out, but I’m starting to follow and retweet other bloggers.
4. Comment on other blogs. I loyally read so many blogs, yet rarely comment. I’m trying to change that. Bonus: lots of bloggers have awesome giveaways you can enter just by commenting!
5. Seek out other local bloggers. This one is a little bit tricky for me since I am relocating soon. However, since I know I’m going back to Syracuse, I have been searching for central NY bloggers.
6. Prewrite and schedule posts. I know there are lots of successful people out there who can blog multiple times a day, do a million other things and still feel sane. I am not one of them at the moment. Many time you will see a Crossfit recap from a few days ago, or get last week’s recipes. This is what works for me right now and that’s a-ok in my book. Hey, better late than never!
7. Tag and Categorize posts. I didn’t realize how important this was, until I started doing it. Identifying the topics of your posts lets people find you when they are searching for something.
Now some tips for YOU, my readers!
1. Follow me! You can subscribe to my posts by email (link to the left), follow me on Twitter (@magritaville), like me on Facebook (readysetbreathe) and/or follow me on Pinterest (readysetbreathe).
2. Tell me if you’re reading!! You can leave a comment here, Facebook me, tweet me, whatever! I promise I will get really excited about it!
3. Tell your friends who might want to read! The more the merrier!
Do you blog? What’s your best blogging tip?